viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2011

This weird term

Hello, I’m Manuela Jimenez and I’m coursing my 4th semester of sociology in the Universidad de Chile.
This term is kind of weird; it started on November and usually does it on July or August. So it will be finish at the end of January and it will last only ten week. I think is a mistake having a semester that short. Because of that, I don’t have too many expectations for this term. We won’t be available to go deep with subjects and all the evaluations will be too close and that will be stressing.
I took six subjects: Statistic III, Sociology theory II, Economy II, Epistemology, Qualitative Techniques I and English IV.
I thought studying in summer/Christmas would be awful, but it was not that bad. I think it is because I like the University and see my friends every day. Anyway it’s kind of sad that all my friends that are not from this University are starting their vacations and I can’t do any plans with them or it’s very complicate.
About this class I don’t know what I would like to do. I think it exceeds my level of creativity, so any ideas I could have, teachers already had it. I think that the thing I would like the most is improve my English level, and learn more vocabulary. 

3 comentarios:

  1. Hi Manuela! I cheer you up with this second term. It must be awful to have those subjects with the sunny days that we are having. But not everyhting its lost! January in santiago is a pleasure, not so many people and theater everywhere.

    Dont worry be happy!

    Everything must pass.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I feel the same about the short semester it's in deed a bad idea. Besides my friends are also starting their vacations so I’m really jealous of them

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Great job Manuela!

    Some comments:

    I would say "studying" not "coursing" and "this term started IN Novenber and IT USUALLY DOES IN...", "so it will be FINISHED" .... "We won´t be ABLE to study the subjects in DEPTH (you need the noun here).

    The adjective for stress is "STRESSFUL".

    Also say, "studying in the summer has not been that bad."

    Finally, say, "What I would like the most is TO improve ...."

    2 POINTS.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar