viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

How green am I?

Today, it is very important the people care about environment. There are many places where people can learn good practices for environment. One of them is the web page from Ecoeduca, www.ecoeduca.cl. There we can find plenty of links that have information for kids, about recycling, efficient homes, etc.
In my case, I haven't incorporated recycling to my life. I think it is because I live with my parents, and they don't do it, so if I try to do I would have to be encouraging them to recycle, and I think that is exhausting.
Anyway, I try to do other things. For example, I use to my bike to go and come from school and when I go to see some friends that live near my house. I also water the plants in my garden and I try to don't expend too many water. Only the necessary, especially when I wash my teeth and dishes.
I don't belong to any eco-organization, because even if I know it is important to take care environment, it doesn't passionate me so much as to join that kind of organization. Anyway I like to go to the eco-market in La Reina and buy some things at health food store. That would be my support to eco-organizations.
I don't do anything else, I think. Not even to reduce my carbon footprint. But when I have my own place I would like to build an organic garden and recycle.
I think our whole society is concentrate in grow up and have money and all those kind of things. But for a long time it didn't think about the sustainability of their growth. I think in Santiago is missing a environmental polity plan that considers the geographic situation from our city.

I hope the environmental culture impregnate our society so we can have a nice place to live in the next decades.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario